Friday, November 11, 2011

Squares, Anyone?


What is it about squares?

Do you finished off your quilts with quilted squares (crosshatching)?

I've found this is one of my favorite, go to, choices for quilting areas of my quilts. Is it the consistency of the pattern? Is it the predictability? Is it the way the light hits the surface giving each little square an area of highlight and shadow?


Again, I have found myself falling back to this old favorite. It seemed to set off the other areas of quilting nicely. Quilting squares is not always the easiest to do. It can involved a lot of starts and stops or constantly turning the quilt. Today, I've chosen to free-motion my squares. It will eliminate the turning and stopping but it is  definitely a challenge to make straight and even lines.

Do you find squares a perfect choice for your projects? What is your best working method?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...