Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lullaby or a March?

 
As you can see, I'm back to quilting my broken star quilt. All the stitches that I took out are back in. It was easier the second time and I made doubly sure that I checked the back of my quilt to see that the stitch tension was fine. In fact, I checked several times.

See..... a lesson learned, well..... truthfully........., re-learned.


I enjoy seeing my quilt take on its personality. Before I started, it was just a flat surface, granted, a rather nice flat surface, but it was definitely lacking charm. The quilting adds so much to a quilt. It's when a quilt really comes into its own.


Will the quilt's personality become a soft, soothing lullaby or will it speak with the crisp, sharp notes of a high stepping march? Today, my quilt is bringing forth its voice with smooth curves, highlighted with wonderful puffs and flatten spaces.

My sewing machine is calling. It's back to stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...