Thursday, June 30, 2011

WVAG Art Opening



Ready for guests to arrive at the
Wisconsin Visual Artists' Guild Opening Reception 
at the Center for the Visual Arts in Wausau, WI. 
The exhibit runs through July 31, 2011.

For the past few years, I have had the opportunity to be a member of the Wisconsin Visual Artists' Guild. While I treasure my quilting friends and learn so much from them, I've also found I've learned a great deal from artists who work in different mediums.

The basic principles of art are the same no matter if you have a brush, a camera, or a needle and thread in your hand. These new friends come from different backgrounds and have different ideas to share. Ideas that stretch me out into thinking of my quilting projects in a different light.

As the days of summer roll along, take a moment to look for opportunities to broaden your ideas. What things spur your creativity? Perhaps a stroll through an art museum, a botanical garden, a trip to the zoo or splashing at a water park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...