Monday, June 20, 2011

Sad Time for Art in Wisconsin



It was with a heavy heart that I was taking down my art display at the Wisconsin Arts Board Lobby Exhibit. There will be no more chances for artists to present their work in this fine venue. Because of heavy budget cuts, the Wisconsin Arts Board has almost been eliminated and with it tremendous opportunities for artists in the state.

Especially in hard times, art uplifts our spirits. Whether it is visual art, music, theatre, or written, we thrive on creativity to encourage and revive our lives.

Look for ways to show support for art in your community.

2 comments:

  1. I share your dismay at the cuts to Wisconsin arts. Your exhibit was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't see your exhibit. I'm up in the Bayfield WI area, and we really count on Art to sustain us! Art is much more important than our Gov. thinks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...