Saturday, June 4, 2011

Teaching and Sharing

I love teaching and helping students learn a new technique. The down side is the fact that I seldom get to see the student's finished quilts. It is a special treat when one of my students sends a photo of her completed project. Today, I want to thank Sally Nesser for sharing her quilted project.


Sally was busy sewing together strips into "freedom quilt" log cabin blocks as she emptied her scrap bag (or at least put a dent in it). These blocks were then cut on a tilt for a carefree attitude. Fat or thin, bright or dull, left over fabric strips were all incorporated into this fun-loving quilt.

To quote Sally: "It was one of the first things that got me out of my traditional mode. I had no idea when I started it where it was going but then realized I had the perfect spot for it in our larger quest bed room. It really adds some color to an other wise peaceful room."


Here you can see Sally's freedom quilt hung over the bed in her guest room. Who wouldn't want to be invited to spend the night in this inviting space?

Intrigued? Look for my book "Log Cabin Quilts with Attitude" full of "freedom quilt" ideas.

1 comment:

  1. What a great quilt. Love the bottom edge! And it sure does look great in that warm and welcoming guest room!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...