Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Eat It or Not


Normally celery finds it way to our dinner table, but when I noticed an idea on Quilting Arts I couldn't resist bringing the celery into my studio. Even though I'm always up for a snack, this wasn't the plan.

The plan was to cut the bottom of the celery off and use it as a stamp. With a little paint on the end, my celery became roses. This was so much fun, I tried it on several pieces of fabric. I especially liked it on this piece of pink striped fabric.


I finished one piece up, adding machine quilting to bring out details and make it look even more rose-like. 


Red Roses - Quilt Tile
8" x 8"
Sharon V. Rotz


Although I can't resist the beautiful commercially printed fabric available to us as quilters, it is exciting to create your very own designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...