Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tip for today


What's your favorite handy tool?

Today, I'd like to share a simple and quick little project for your sewing studio.  

As I was completing a quilted project using a wool batt, I trimmed the edge and was ready to throw away a narrow strip of wool batting. Thinking of the properties of wool and how it keep needles and pins from rusting, I rolled the batting strip into a ball and secured with a pin. (Notice the yellow pin head on the side.)

Just like that, I had a small pincushion to keep next to my machine for extra needles and a few pins. Keeping the strip narrow helps so you don't push the needles in too far to rescue and they become dangerous weapons ready to stick you at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...