Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recyled Pillowcases

I had a pair of pillowcases that had seen better days. The centers were thread-bare and they were no longer used. I had only saved them because of the lovely hand embroidery on the pillowcase edge.

I chose to cut the embroidery into smaller sections and used it as the center of log cabin blocks. (It did take a bit of courage to slice through the designs, but I kept thinking what was the alternative? Throw the pillowcases away? Given that option, I took my rotary cutter out and slashed away.)

Now my decorated pillowcases will live on in a new form.

What have you saved today?

1 comment:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. Linen gift

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...