Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Using alcohol inks


I enjoyed some experimenting with alcohol inks on Yupo paper.  Because the Yupo paper is polypropylene, the ink does not absorb but runs across the surface. A bit of rubbing alcohol adds to the blending and random play of the colors.

 

Now that I have these wonderful treasures of color, what next??

Could I cut shapes out of the paper and attach it to a fiber piece?  Would it be possible to sew through the paper without it ripping or shredding?

On we go.....

.

I cut out silhouettes of birds.


I found some mitered border end scraps from a previous project.  By stitching these together, I had a small background.
(I love it when I can find a use for scraps.)


The birds were stitched in place (successfully).


The Nest (13" x 17")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...