Sunday, May 17, 2020

Rainy Days and More Hexagons

You can blame it on the rain!
Yes, again I opened that bag of fabric and found more precut hexagons. 

With a bit of needed piecing to come up with the required hexagons, I came up with this pink and blue table centerpiece. This time I controlled the chaos of my previous hexagon piece and made a symmetrical design.


Some of my piecing was quite obvious in my hexagons.


But with a little thought, I managed to camouflage the piecing with my quilting lines.



You can hardly see the mismatch of the fabric design.


A bit of pink left from a full size quilt became the backing fabric. For the quilting thread, I am using up the remainder of a spool of variegated thread.


Ah, it feels so good to finish up little ends and pieces.
A relaxing, yet creative use of a dreary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...