Friday, May 8, 2020

Finishing hexagons

I chose to quilt my hexagons with a simple outline stitch. 
I feel this strengthens the shape and perhaps does a little to calm down the chaos.



The finished piece adds a bit of complimentary color to the table beneath my wall quilt. 
(The birds approve!)


For extra fun and to use up additional small bits of fabric, I also pieced the back of the hexagon piece.  This way I can flip it for a totally different look.


This opposite side could make a nice centerpiece 
along with the two squares I had left for matching coasters. 
 (I'm ready for the day when I can finally have a friend over for coffee.)




Meanwhile, still making masks.  
(Isn't it thoughtful that quilters had the foresight
 to keep enough supplies on hand to rise up in emergency situations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...