Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Bend in the Path

I may have been merrily sewing random strips and pieces together, 
but that all changed in a moment. 

The moment was when I discovered a pile of triangle pieces all cut to size. 
I don't have any idea what they were cut to size for, 
but............hm......


I could be easily diverted, and I was. 
As I laid them out, I could see there were enough for a small pillow. 
All I needed were some narrow strips between the triangles. 

I chose a bright turquoise. 

Why? 


Because it wasn't brown. 
It was time to brighten things up. 

My initial plan was to square up the project,
 but it had an interesting and unique shape that I found very appealing. 


Completed as is. 

A new pillow to add to my collection.


Subconsciously, I must have known the turquoise sashing would make 
this new little pillow fit right in.



4 comments:

  1. Love the design and shape so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's fun turning an older start into something brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful use for found fabric, the turquoise was inspired and the odd shape so unique, Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...