Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - A Four Patch?

Quilter's Tile - Perfect Harmony
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz

My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary and through our many years of marriage, we are thankful for the many blessings we have enjoyed.

But one thing that I have learned is that we don't always solve problems in the same way. Even if it is a simple as sharing a stuffed pork chop or making a home repair, we both come up with different solutions. Is one better than the other? Maybe one idea has a slight advantage, but more often, I have finally come to realize, it really doesn't make a difference.

This brings me to today and the idea of cutting my fabric square into four patches. Should they be equal? Could they be off center? Will one idea shake up the world and the other leave it flat? Probably not.


Are we struggling too hard when making our quilting decisions?

After going off center on the cutting, the next choice is how to put my four patches back together again.



Will the sashing area between the four be equal?



Or will the four patches all line up on the outside?



Or will it be a compromise?


Many solutions, but no clear cut winner that I can see. I will make my choice and not look back.

Maybe I should have spent more time thinking about other things, like the fact that I have a wonderful foot for my machine that would have made the job of sewing on the trim much easier. (I'll try to keep this in mind for my next project.)


Perhaps the greatest lesson we can learn is to live, making the best decisions we can at the time,  looking forward with love and filling our days with harmony.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...