Thursday, September 29, 2011

Over-thinking Just a Bit?



Am I thinking too hard? Will my brain explode or just give a few warning beeps and go dead as my cell phone does?

I was thinking and re-thinking about my little beaded fringes on the bottom of my quilt. Since the edge curves should the bead fringes shorten to keep the lower edge in an even horizontal line? Do others even stop to consider this petty things?

Well, I tried it and it didn't work.

Apparently, the curve of the fabric at that point didn't equal the space required to eliminate one bead in each of the last rows.  Now the last three rows of beads are traveling uphill.

It's time to "cut the apron strings" or, in this case, the bead strings and "let the beads fall where they may" (they usually do) and re-stitch the last three fringes. And then the quilt will be done, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...