Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do You Travel in a Straight Line?

Bounce, bounce, bounce! Do you travel through life in a straight line? I certainly don't. I bounce back and forth.  When I have a project that requires more thought, a project that won't cooperate, or, face it, a project that I'm mad at for the moment, I travel on to something different.

Well, today I'm traveling back to a previous project. My "pods" project may have had binding on it but I didn't consider it done yet. I know that goes against every rule and that wonderful feeling of "when the binding is finished, the quilt is finished, ah!"

Are you still following me? Back to "Pods" and more to do. The addition of beads was my answer. A trip to a local bead store and I was set to add detail to my quilt. So I added beads to the top binding. I had never tried this before so it was a learning experience. After a few tries, I was happy with this result.



Then I added another section to the quilt. Added, of course, by beading the two sections together.


I was on a beading roll now and my bead tube was far from empty, so beads were added to this new section.


And why not some beads dangling off the bottom? That's where I am right now. 



How will this all look? Please stop by again for the finished product. (Just hope nothing gets in the way and my quilt will finally be finished.)

As always, I would appreciate your comments.



1 comment:

  1. I never travel in a straight line; I don't think my brain knows what that means! ;-)
    I can't wait to see this finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...