Friday, December 9, 2011

Find Your Joy



Are you bustling with holiday spirit?  Even your sewing studio can have a simple festive look. 

I've covered my small cabinet with a miniature Ohio star quilt to brighten my day as I work on Christmas gifts. This piece reminds me of days when I first started quilting, (many of you may recognize several of the fabrics) and brings to mind the joy I have found in my sewing studio.

  

One easy and quick project is to make your own Christmas greeting cards.


I started with scraps of fabric that I laid on a thin batting and machine quilted.


From the quilted piece, I cut out letters and stitched them onto card stock (yes, probably not so good for your needle, I used on old one.) The fabric was loosely woven and the edges are raveling but it wasn't a concern.

Today, the JOY is in creation
not in perfection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...