Friday, August 13, 2010

The Emperor's New Quilt

Hurray, only four more corners to go (upper right in photo) and my border will be finished. I remember the day I thought I would never finish my quilt with its normal four corners. Never again!

I bound the inside and the outside of the border. The outside of the quilt binding was done in a very traditional method, wrapping a folded strip around to the back of the quilt and hand stitching. The binding on the inside of the border was just wrapped around to the back of the border. I did not have to clean finish this edge as it will not be seen.

I'm thinking I should just attach my border to boards and hang it as is and call it "The Invisible Quilt".

Have I been reading "The Emperor's New Clothes" to my grandchildren one too many times?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...