Thursday, November 12, 2009

More ideas for using scraps



I have found that I use scraps if I go through and trim them to more usable sizes.

When I was looking for a backing for my "G.P.S." wall hanging, I gathered all my red and green scraps left over from this project as well as others. I cut and stitched them into four patches. I combined small four patches into 16 patches, and joined them with larger four patches and solid blocks for my quilt back.

Four patches are very usable because they are easy to make. If you find the size needs adjusting for a project, they can be easily trimmed to the required size by trimming equally off all four sides.

Now I've found that I like the back of my quilt as much as the front.
And I've used a multitude of my scraps.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I LOVE pieced backs. The quilt is beautiful BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I don't have any Christmas quilts. I may need to talk to my mother-in-law about that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...