Apparently the information that goes into my brain does not translate into my projects.
After enjoying the beauty of the lilies and thinking about nothing but lilies,
I end up with purple shapes.
No way do these even remotely look like my orange lilies.
I did start with a muslin foundation cut into a shape.
After stitching on a multitude of different fabrics, I trimmed the edges adding my seam allowance.
I used an "Add-a-Quarter" ruler and moved it along the edge
continually turning it to follow the shape.
The trimmed piece is now ready to piece to another section.
I did get into my orange fabric and combined several pieces on this piece.
Into my brain go lilies, out come pod shapes.
We'll see where these lead.