Thursday, August 1, 2013

Framed




Thank you for your comments to my last post. As you can see, I couldn't stop and added a few more beads. I really could have continued on and on adding more beads, but I have new projects popping up in my head.


To frame this piece, I had a lovely fabric which I recently purchased. The turquoise and gold in the print were a perfect foil for the beading.

I chose to wrap the binding around an artist's canvas so I could frame the piece.


Technically, wrapping the canvas presented a few challenges since I wasn't following my normal plan. It sure is easy to slip back into what we know and have done before, but I did persist and it turned out fine.


Here it is in the frame. I can't wait to hang this piece in my studio.

(And, of course, start on that new project!)


2 comments:

  1. This piece sure is lovely. Looks very elegant when framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. This was a good project to complete away from my machine using small moments between summer activities.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...