Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trying all the options


I've been working on an idea for a new art quilt. I have this marvelous circle fabric which I thought would work into an interesting background. It inspired me to start making sunflowers. After pinning my sunflowers in several arrangements on my newly created background, I finally admitted this wasn't working. Now my marvelous background is put aside for the moment, it still has the makings of a fine quilt, and I am exploring new background options for my sunflowers.

Life leads us in many directions, and its up to us to make the most of them. My disgarded, or rather sidelined, background inspired my color choices and the round circles inspired the sunflowers. Now its the building process to see what comes next......

Will there be a sunflower quilt? Or will we see a marvelous circle quilt?

More on this later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...