Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As I said last week, I need to work on more than one project at a time. When one project is stalled, leaving it to work on a second, gives me time to reconsider, ponder, and look back at the first project with new eyes and new enthusiasm. For the past few days, I have switched to quilting on my G.P.S. wall quilt (one of the bySher patterns available on my website).

Choosing designs for machine quilting is a fun challenge. I feel that each quilt deserves a fresh design, so even if I have made the quilt several times, I try to quilt it differently each time. Not only does this make each quilt individual, but it gives me opportunity to continually reach out in new directions.

By the way, my first project is coming together nicely. And I've even dug out another quilt top (after an hour search) and basted it for hand quilting. Multi-quilting always works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...